Your friend invites you to a pool party in two weeks and you want to look your best. You know you can really strut it out if you just shed off a few pounds. But with only fourteen days? Is it really possible to lose weight in such a short amount of time? The answer is yes! Technically, you can lose up to two pounds a week the healthy way, so given fourteen days, you can lose four pounds and be able to wear that sexy bikini on your friend’s party.
With the ever-rising popularity of fad diets, it would seem that there is no way to make quick and healthy weight loss co-exist. The truth of the matter is that most of the time, our unhealthy habits make us gain weight and by eliminating these, losing weight becomes easy. Interested? Here’s our list of quick and healthy weight loss tips:
1. Eliminate soda, alcohol and processed food from your diet. This is perhaps one of the most effective ways to get rid of those excess pounds. Soda contains more than 100 calories in a can. Alcohol is also concentrated sugar. Processed foods pastries, candies and donuts are usually made of high-fructose corn syrup that has been pointed to as the culprit behind the ever increasing levels of obesity in the country. For quick weight loss, get these out of your system.
2. Go natural. Get the most of what you eat from fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish. Avoid anything in a box.
3. Drink more fluids. Water is always the best for hydration, but if you want something with more taste, you can always opt for fresh fruit juice– not processed, mind you, as these are also chockfull of empty sugars. Eight to ten glasses is recommended, taking in more is ideal.
4. Eat every couple of hours. Don’t skip meals but keep your metabolism humming by having a little something every two hours. Have nuts or a piece of fruit with you wherever you go so you aren’t caught unprepared when your stomach growls.
5. Eat breakfast. Don’t ever skip this most important meal of the day. It jumpstarts your metabolism and avoids you from bingeing on empty calories come nine o’clock in the morning.
6. Have protein, eggs for example, at breakfast so you are kept fuller for longer. Make sure that you also take in protein for lunch so you don’t go hungry in the middle of the afternoon and have to go to the nearest fastfood chain to get a burger to tide you over before dinner comes around.
7. Savor your food. When you eat, take your time. Chew your food well. It takes about twenty minutes for your brain to register satiety so don’t rush your meals. Eat every morsel like it’s the only thing that matters and you’ll not only be surprised at the different tastes and textures, you’ll also be amazed at how full you will feel with lesser food intake.
8. Use a smaller plate. This significantly reduces your food consumption since you don’t have to put in as many on your plate than you normally would using the traditionally large dinner plates.